To model multi-stage processes clearly, it is often useful to use a state machine.
The ICONPARC FiniteStateMachine knows all allowed states and possible state transitions and for whom they are allowed.
- Clear representation of which state a process is in
- Convenient modeling of which states and transitions are allowed
- Internal or external events cause a transition of the state
- Examples: The payment interface has reported "ok". The customer has confirmed his data. The Job Scheduler has determined that the data is now deliverable.
- Actions are executed when states are reached.
- Examples: The order data is reported to the ERP system. The customer is notified by e-mail.
- States and transitions can be allowed or forbidden based on roles
- Timeouts allow timely escalation
Any number of state diagrams can be created and used.